Search My Blog

Monday, March 20, 2023

Educational Blogging

Educational blogging allows teachers to share their thoughts, ideas, opinions, and/or current events. Blogging enables teachers to voice their opinions publicly while still maintaining professionalism. Blogging in elementary schools is more of a platform for parents to check rather than the students, but it still could be beneficial to discuss the same topics with your students so they can be in the loop. 

The word "education" spelled out in Scrabble pieces.

I had the opportunity to learn about more educational topics from a few of my peers by reading their blog posts. First, I read about the benefits of reading to children in Maggie Beeler's blog posts. Maggie agrees with my views on how beneficial literature is to children's development. Books can be used to read aloud or independently by children and provide them with new skills and knowledge. Then, I read a post from Ava Holder's blog. She discussed the "whole child approach" in one of her posts which I was very interested in. The whole child approach is when educators focus on social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and health development. This approach ensures that we are focusing on each child as a person, not just a "test taker". Lastly, I read a few posts from Cat Dillard's blog. In one of her posts, she discussed school safety which I believe is a huge concern in schools today, unfortunately. Administration plays a big role in keeping the school physically safe from any potentially scary situations/people. It is also a job of a teacher to make sure their students feel emotionally safe at school by gaining trust and allowing students to open up and share anything going on in their lives that could potentially be damaging. Overall, I really enjoyed getting to read and learn from a few of my peers because we all chose to write about different topics that were important to us regarding education.

I have enjoyed getting to experiment with blogging. Previously, I would not have thought of a blog as a beneficial tool for teachers, but now I can see the benefits. Blogging has allowed me to select topics to write about that are important to me. I have been able to write informatively and share my opinion on these topics. Future parents might enjoy getting to read my stance on some controversial issues that are currently going on in the education system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Educational Blogging

Educational blogging allows teachers to share their thoughts, ideas, opinions, and/or current events. Blogging enables teachers to voice th...